Pregnancy acts as a joyous period, but can cause pain in muscles, joints, create physical fatigue and overall have a large impact on the body- which can create a drastic change. Therefore, massage is used throughout the pregnancy journey to help relax the body and relieve these muscular tensions.
Massage can help
- Relieve backache – Pregnancy weight gain is a major cause for back pain and the weight of the baby can put pressure on blood vessels and nerves on your lower back area.
- Improve circulation – Massaging can increase blood circulation, allowing for more oxygen and nutrients to get to both the baby and mother. Also, it stimulates the lymph system which helps removes toxins and boost immunity.
- Reduce stress and anxiety – Massage creates an analgesic effect via enhanced production of endorphins and serotonins, calming and reducing stress of the mother and baby.
- Improve stretch marks – Massaging using nourishing oil will help provide moisture and sooth the stretched skin.
How we can help?
- We can send out a physiotherapist specialising in Women’s Health to not only provide massage but also to assess and treat any other issues related to pregnancy that you have.
- Going out to a clinic can sometimes be difficult particularly if you are in your later stages of pregnancy or if you have other children at home. We are able to conveniently visit the home at a suitable time.
If you would like some advice and help throughout your pregnancy, please contact Home Physio Group on 0330 335 1016, or alternatively, please fill out the contact form and we will be in touch with you.