How can physio help you?
Home Physio Group is pleased to offer physiotherapy in your care home.
We are dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in the community. We often treat the elderly to help improve mobility, balance, or to install confidence following a fall. Due to exhaustive costs, the NHS will sometimes cover physiotherapy. However, there are usually long waiting lists and the appointments are often very short and infrequent.
If your loved one is unable to mobilise, our physiotherapists can carry out exercises to improve flexibility and strength in addition to aiding physical and mental stimulation. We know care homes are often very busy and staff may not always have time to encourage walking and movement.
Our physiotherapists can visit at short notice and provide regular treatment sessions where needed.
Your physio’s role
- Your physiotherapist will carry out a full assessment to understand your problems, create goals, and select a suitable treatment programme
- If you are prone to falls, they will aim to work out the cause of your falls. Their ultimate goal is to build confidence in those with a fear of falling
- Your physio will assess your muscle strength, the range of movement of your joints, your balance, coordination, and your mobility along with other functional movements
- If you use a walking aid, your physio will check its height, and ensure you are using it correctly. They may suggest alternatives
- If suitable, advice will be given on equipment that may benefit you in the care home
- You will receive an exercise programme that is printed clearly with pictures and easy for you to follow when you are on your own or with your carer or family member
- Your physio may contact your GP if medical problems need to be addressed