How can physio help you?
Following surgery, you may find yourself struggling physically and psychologically Home Physio Group offer a personal and friendly post-hospital service at home. We aim to help you to adjust and restore your normal movement patterns and habits following major or minor surgery. Our chartered physiotherapists cater for your needs by offering appointments during the daytime, evenings, and on weekends.
Recovery after surgery is often a challenging journey, but we’re here and ready to support you.
Your physio’s role
- Following a surgical procedure, your physiotherapist will carry out an assessment to understand your physical problems and limitations. They will establish personal goals and put a treatment plan in place
- Ultimately, your physiotherapist’s aim is to help you regain full range of movement in your joints, strengthen your muscles, reduce swelling, and help restore normal movement
- There are a range of treatment techniques that can be used which can be “hands on” such as massage to help break down scar tissue and to encourage circulation to the healing area. “Hands off” treatment includes specific exercises to help improve flexibility, strength, and balance
- They will teach you how to wean off your walking aids (such as zimmer frames or elbow crutches) and teach you how to move up and down stairs correctly
- Your physiotherapist will always provide you with a personalised rehabilitation programme to assist with speeding up recovery. Ultimately, your physio’s goal will be to restore your levels of movement to the same (or even better) standard than it was before surgery