How can physio help you?
Home Physio Group is committed to helping the most vulnerable in the community.
Our physiotherapists regularly treat the elderly in their homes, whether it is to help improve mobility, balance, or to install confidence following a fall. Given that the elderly are often cared for by their families, we provide reassurance to clients and remain in constant contact with relatives.
During the assessment, our physiotherapists will describe the short-term and long-term treatment plans so clients and their relatives feel completely empowered and confident with the rehabilitation programme.
Your physio’s role
- Your physiotherapist will carry out an extensive assessment. This will involve looking at your movement, strength, mobility, coordination, range of motion, and balance
- You will be given specific exercises to reactivate and strengthen certain muscle groups
- If there is any muscle or joint stiffness, you may receive soft tissue mobilisations or massage
- Your physio will prescribe you targeted balance exercises if this is affecting your mobility
- They may address your walking pattern and carry out movement/ gait re-education
- You will receive advice on lifestyle and fatigue management
- If you have had a fall, a full assessment will be carried out to determine the cause. Your physio will aim to build your confidence if you have a fear of falling
- Your physio may want to assess your home environment to determine if there are any trip hazards
- If suitable, advice will be given on equipment that may benefit you at home
- You will receive an exercise programme that is printed clearly with pictures and easy for you to follow when you are on your own or with your carer or family member.
- Your physio may contact your GP if medical problems need to be addressed