How can physio help you?
Neurological physiotherapy is an innovative approach that works to create new pathways from the brain to reach the body through actions and exercises. It offers a second chance for those lacking coordination and movement to regain any lost functionality.
We offer specialist treatment for Strokes, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Spinal Cord Injuries, traumatic head injuries, and other conditions. Our team provides an empathetic and nurturing approach to help patients recover lost movement.
Our physiotherapists regularly treat neurological injuries at home, whether it is help improve mobility, balance, reduce contractures, or install confidence in the individual.
Your physio’s role
- Your physiotherapist will carry out an extensive assessment. This will involve looking at your movement, strength, mobility, coordination, range of motion, and balance
- Your physiotherapist will give you specific exercises to reactivate muscle groups that will help you with any movement you find challenging
- You may receive joint and soft tissue mobilisations if you have any notable stiffness or contractures
- You will be prescribed targeted balance exercises if this is affecting your mobility
- Movement and walking (gait) re-education is often required. Your physio will assess this and work with you on how to move in the most efficient and safe way
- They may prescribe or review your walking aids to help you improve your mobility
- You will receive advice on lifestyle and fatigue management