How can physio help you?
Being in any pain can be debilitating; from a pulled muscle in your back to a sprained ankle or arthritic knee. Home Physio Group can help you to get better at speed.
Your physiotherapist plays a very important role in the management of your pain. Treatment to relieve your aches and pain may include soft tissue massage and stretching to relieve tension and spasm, posture awareness, joint mobilisation, and corrective exercises together with advice on how to overcome aches and pains in your daily life. We can also help you to understand the cause of your pain and teach you strategies to put in place to help make daily life easier.
Your physiotherapist will address your movement dysfunction and provide you with a personalised rehabilitation programme.
Your physio’s role
- If you are suffering from general aches and pains, your physiotherapist will carry out an assessment to understand your physical problems and limitations. They will establish personal goals and put a treatment plan in place
- Ultimately, your physiotherapist’s aim is to help you regain full range of movement in your joints, strengthen your muscles, reduce swelling, and help restore normal movement without suffering aches and pains
- There are a range of treatment techniques that can be used, including “hands on” massage to help relieve trigger points and mobilisations to reduce joint stiffness
- Your physio will prescribe specific exercises to help you improve flexibility, strength, and balance
- Your physiotherapist will always provide you with a personalised rehabilitation programme to assist you to speed up recovery