How can physio help you?
Following sickness from Covid-19, you may find yourself struggling physically and psychologically. You may have difficulties with your breathing or you may feel weak and deconditioned following a period of immobility. Home Physio Group offer a personal and friendly service at home. We aim to help you to adjust and restore your normal movement patterns and habits following illness. Our chartered physiotherapists cater for your needs by offering appointments during the daytime, evenings, and also weekends.
Recovering from Covid-19 is often a challenging journey, but we’re here and ready to support you.
Your physio’s role
- Your physiotherapist will carry out a full assessment to determine how Covid-19 has affected you
- This will include looking at your movement, strength, mobility, coordination, range of motion, and balance
- You will be given specific exercises to reactivate and strengthen certain muscle groups
- If there is any joint stiffness, you may receive soft tissue mobilisations or massage
- Your physio will be able to prescribe you targeted balance exercises if your mobility has been affected
- They may address your walking pattern and carry out movement/ gait re-education
- You will receive advice on lifestyle and fatigue management