How can physio help you?
Home Physio Group is a dedicated and professional team of physiotherapists specialising in home physiotherapy care. We can visit you in your own home or care home at a convenient time and offer both daytime and evening appointments. Our physiotherapists can arrange visits at short notice and provide regular treatment sessions where needed. We pride ourselves on offering the highest level of care.
All our physiotherapists are registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and the Health & Care Professions Council. We regularly treat patients with dementia at home, to help their balance, improve mobility and reduce falls. We know that installing confidence with targeted exercises is key to preventing falls and conductive to living a more fulfilled life.
Home Physio Group is passionate about helping you reach your individual goals and teaching you strategies that can be used to make daily life easier.
Your physio’s role
- Your physiotherapist will carry out an extensive assessment on your first appointment. This will involve looking at your strength, mobility, movement, coordination, and balance
- If you have had past falls, your physio will assess what could be causing your unsteadiness
- If you use a walking aid, your physio will check its height and ensure you are using it correctly. Alternative walking aids may be suggested if deemed appropriate
- If you require equipment at home to help you manage more independently, your physio may suggest this. Alternatively, they may refer you to an Occupational Therapist
- Your physio will provide you with a personalised plan to help reach your goals
- Your physio will work closely with your carer or family member to ensure they are happy with the exercises prescribed and comfortable with the treatment programme
- Your GP may be contacted if medical issues need to be addressed